The Black Sun
The Black Sun burns with the hellish black glow of evil. During a Black Sun Day, Rakbasha is under perpetual night. Only True Seeing, Daylight, and the town of Eiulan’s special candles produce any kind of visible light during a Black Sun Day. The other ‘benefits’ that the black sun bestows are as follows:
- During a Black Sun Day, anything that has died during the six days previous to the last black sun that shone rises from the dead as a zombie or skeleton, given that there was enough left of the creature to form an undead at all. Because of this, most civilized societies burn their dead so that they may not rise from the dead, and in so, the dead generated by the Black Sun do not go near any light generated by Eiulan’s special candles.
- Evil Clerics gain one extra attempt to rebuke the undead per day during a Black Sun Day.
- Turning attempts gain a -4 on the roll for determining HD turned.
- Rebuking undead is easier during a Black Sun Day. Rebuke attempts gain a +4 on the check for purposes of rebuking undead.
- Paladins may not smite evil in a Black Sun Day, because their powers become overloaded with the evil literally permeating the plane.
- Any class skill or spell that detects alignment reads evil for everyon on a Black Sun Day unless they have an ECL of 12 or greater, due to evil “coating” the entire plane for the day.